Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Pick Up The Pieces 2007 Concert

WELL FIRST OF ALL I LIKE TO SAY A BIG SORRY TO MA' PALS... FOR NOT UPDATING RECENTLY... HAD TOO MANY CONCERTS TO HOST IN A WEEK PLUS UNI STARTED
SORRY... SORRY... SORRY...
desole... spiacente... dui bu qi... traurig

anyways back to where I left you guys...
I just started uni again... very happy wit my results...
good news for me... XD

well i thought things could not get any busier beside doing my final year
I got a call from the office that I needed to attend a meeting which I had no idea what was it about. Got there... they say "Hi Anne, how are you? anyways you are the host for this years pick up the pieces concert again?"
I was like HUH???!! RIGHT... 2 days before the concert and your telling me this NOW?? perfect timing!!
I couldn't say no to my assistant head department
and besides I have no excuse to not to...
So I hosted the concert for 3 nights in a row.

It was a crazy crazy time...
because they told me they didn't have a partner for me and I need to find someone on my own.... SO I went crazy... calling everyone I know that i felt comfortable hosting with...
was like a mad lady going around... BEGGING... *desperate*
and finally found my pal Shah from Taylors
well I'm in debt to him...
because he has been through a load of downs while this happened and he stood by me
THANKS SHAH *hugs & kisses*

Shah and Me

oh well the first night we had Fusion Crossroads
It was a night of traditional contemporary experimental music...
AND ALSO THE LONGEST SHOW I HAVE EVER HOSTED.
It LASTED 3 and a 1/2 HOURS
it was a crappy day... so many hiccups...last minute this and that...
it was a total D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R
but the last performance was the best because there's this HOT JAPANESE GUY with His HOT LOOKING RED COLOR BASS which he was totally wicked on it
*dreams*

anyways back to the blog
I loved the costume I created though... It was a sarawakian batik cloth I created it into some sort of a gown bottom... ^-^


Well the next day performance was a tribute to Dato' Dr. Ahmad Nawad one of our music greats in Malaysia
was an honor for me to interview him live on stage ^-^ well the night was very organized no hiccups
except that I got teased later because I pronounce Nawab in a British accent and it sounded wrong to some people XD
oh I got to give out goodies bag as well for the Q&A session with the audience
well overall everything was smooth...

The finale of the concert... themed 70's retrograde
oh well this was a very fun night...
I get to dress like the 70's ^-^
I look like a doll...
unfortunately didn't manage to get a picture of me in the baby doll dress
oh well maybe when the people from Uni... gets it on the website then I can post it up
well we had an extra host that night besides shah and me
I had Thai on stage as well.. he's my graduated senior from the theatre department
we got the audience grooving and partying
had a session where we had some people from the audience doing their moves from the 70's to Saturday Night Fever
Everything was good and moving as scheduled
oh well for the whole week I was drained...
because of THIS
anyways sorry because there's not much pictures... I was working XP

No comments: